Translate

All You Need is Within You

Dawn James~ Speaker, Author, Healer
Visit our website www.raiseyourvibration.ca

Follow by Email

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fifth Mindfulness Training


Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful consumption, I am committed to cultivating good health, both physical and mental, for myself, my family, and my society by practicing mindful eating, drinking, and consuming. I will ingest only items that preserve peace, well-being, and joy in my body, in my consciousness, and in the collective body and consciousness of my family and society. I am determined not to use alcohol or any other intoxicant or to ingest foods or other items that contain toxins, such as certain TV programs, magazines, books, films, and conversations.








I am aware that to damage my body or my consciousness with these poisons is to betray my ancestors, my parents, my society and future generations. I will work to transform violence, fear, anger, and confusion in myself and in society by practicing a diet for myself and society. I understand that a proper diet is crucial for self-transformation and for the transformation of society.




Article excerpt by: Ian Prattis. Ian  is a Dharmacharya in the Engaged Buddhist tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh.He gives talks and retreats in Europe, India, North and South America and is the author of “The Essential Spiral: Ecology and Consciousness After 9/11.” Ian is the resident teacher at Pine Gate Sangha in the west end of Ottawa. www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger