Translate

All You Need is Within You

Dawn James~ Speaker, Author, Healer
Visit our website www.raiseyourvibration.ca

Follow by Email

Monday, September 19, 2011

Detox Your Life – Part 3 of 8

The following is a series of weekly tips to detox your life

TIP#3 Eat (Certified) Organic

Two years ago I read an article in Vitality Magazine entitled “Food Fight” that stated, “In 2008, the Austrian government released research results confirming that GM crops threaten human fertility in both genders. As a result, Austria banned all biotech foods.”  The fact that GM foods can be detrimental to human fertility is just one example that shows that the further we distance ourselves from nature (natural foods, water, and light), the more disease and suffering we experience.
Is it not a basic human right to be able to eat foods that are safe and beneficial to our body?  Some non toxic food choices to consider are organic foods and or certified organic foods.

All Organic foods are not created equally

“Certified Organic” – this means that all ingredients contained are 100% organic

“Organic Ingredients”  means that only 70% of the ingredients are actually organic.  The other 30% is not.  Even a label saying “100% Organic Ingredients” is misleading. While that 70% is 100% organic, you still have that 30% that is not organic at all.

And sometimes a food label will read “Contains Organic Ingredients” which means less than 70% is organic, and you have no idea what that organic percentage might be!


Why Buy Certified Organic?

       Certified organic foods are chemical-free. They are grown without insecticides, herbicides, fumigants, or fungicides. Many of the chemicals used in non-organic farming are known carcinogens.
       Organic foods contain up to ten times the mineral content of non-organic produce.
       Because they have more nutrients, organic foods taste better.
       Organic standards prohibit the use of municipal solid waste or sewage sludge as compost ingredients.

A wonderful place to start shopping for certified organic products is Organic Consumers – visit their website http://organicconsumers.org/btc/BuyingGuide.cfm

And if you are thinking of starting your own garden, be sure to only purchase only non-gmo seeds. One good resource to check out for buying non gmo seeds is http://organicconsumers.org/state/greenbiz.cfm?all=VegetableSeed

Eat well, Be well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger